Mission & Goals
The Mission of Ouchi- O’Donovan 6-12 Complex(6-8 site) is to provide students with a safe and supportive learning environment that promotes academic excellence, social responsibility, and college readiness. We respond to the developmental needs of middle grade learners by maximizing the potential of all students and building a sense of community to foster success at higher educational levels.
Expected School-wide Learning Results
Students will be Effective Communicators who
- have the ability to verbally resolve conflicts.
- are advocates for themselves and others.
- can effectively demonstrate their understanding of material with both written and oral academic language.
- can differentiate and modify their behavior and language base on the given environment.
Students will be Critical Thinkers who
- participate in the learning process and accept responsibility for their own learning.
- can relate topics across the content areas.
- effectively analyze information to solve real- life scenarios.
- can independently manage resources to maximize learning opportunities.
Students will be Responsible Citizens who
- respect, appreciate, embrace and advocate for diverse cultures, languages, and people.
- exemplify the six character pillars (Respect, Trustworthiness, Citizenship, Caring, Fairness, Responsibility).
- contribute time and energy to improve their school and community.
- work collaboratively to enhance and support fellow peers across proficiency levels.
Students will be Technologically Literate and Proficient by
- deciphering between credible and illegitimate sources on the internet.
- accessing their personal academic data to identify areas of growth.
- utilizing project based learning to assist them in achieving academic success.
- consistently being exposed to current technology in order to stay competitive in our continuously evolving world.